Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Freestyle Escape

Welcome to Autumn at Freestyle Escape!
With all the rain we have had in recent weeks, Freestyle Escape is looking very lush and green. David our wonderful caretaker and I are frantically trying to reclaim the herb garden and orchard from the wilderness. It is great to see many of our fruit trees fruiting - cumquats, kaffir limes, lemons, oranges and pomelos, young berries are now in flower, passionfruit, and I am quite excited about the coffee trees! Let me tell you the tamarillo jam I made from the fruit from my last visit is devine! (Very popular with my girlfriends!) I am looking forward to using some of my own local fruit in my upcoming cooking classes! More news on that later!



Young Berries in flower



Passionfruit



The Orchard



Monsteria Delicious (Fruitsalad plant)



Monsteria Fruit



Magnolia in Flower



Magnolia



Longans



Coffee



Noosa Farmers Market


It is my mission to get everyone to buy local produce and be supporters of their local farmer markets. Why not go along to my favourite markets and sample some of the produce available?

Noosa Farmers Market at the Noosa Australian Football Club, 155 Weyba Road, Noosaville, every Sunday 7am to 12noon.
Jan Powers City Markets, Brisbane Square river end of the mall, every Wednesday at 9am to 6
Jan Powers Farmers Market, at the Powerhouse, 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month

Enjoy.......

No comments: